0019 - Hand Hewn 88" Mantel
This hand hewn fireplace mantel owes its warm, inviting character to its rich old-world heritage. Made from a solid wood beam harvested and shaped by hand in the late 1700s to early 1800s, this authentic slice of history still bears its original hand-hewn markings — a testament to the hard work it took to fashion these gorgeous wood beams.
Our craftsmen have taken care to repurpose this timber, working to reveal the texture of the old growth and the original patina and preserve the wood’s naturally weathered texture. A protective matte finish has also been added.
Click Where You Would Like To Place Cuts?
total Length 88"
Switch Mantel Side
Length: 88" Inches In Width
Total Dimensions: 88" long , 8” x 6” wide
Weight: 132 pounds
- Old World lumber provides two brackets for installation, sold separately.
- Wood is a combustible material. Proper clearances from heat sources (fireplaces, stoves, etc.) must be strictly followed. Customer is responsible for ensuring safe installation and compliance with local building codes and/or manufacturer’s instructions for the customer’s specific fireplace, insert or stove.
- Old World Lumber is not responsible for faulty or inadequate installation.
- Every installation is unique depending on the framing, blocking, surface and stage of construction.
- Please note OWL’s delivery service does not include installation. We strongly recommend professional installation of the mantel in order to securely anchor the product to the wall, preventing risk of damage or serious injury.
Crafted in America by our own master craftsman. American and imported materials.
- Do not place hot items directly on surface and use coasters under beverages to prevent marks and stains
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth; avoid the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning materials