004 - Natural Hand Hewn 84" Mantel
Cut by hand in the late 18th - early 19th century, this beautiful solid wood beam originates from the pioneer days, when logs were cut into distinctive square shapes by ax and adzes to build homes. The resultant beam features beautiful hand-hewn markings that can’t be easily replicated, adding authentic American heritage to any room lucky enough to host it.
Our craftsmen have lovingly repurposed this material to preserve its natural character in a new form suitable for you and your home. The texture of the original hewing marks and patina have been revealed, resulting in a one-of-a-kind, naturally weathered texture.
Click Where You Would Like To Place Cuts?
total Length 84"
Switch Mantel Side
Length: 84" Inches In Width
Total Dimensions: 84" long , 9” x 8” wide
Weight: 190 pounds
*Note: Mortise Pocket at 20"-25" on the 8" side. Pocket is 5"x4". (can be blocked for an additional fee of $100)
- Old World lumber provides two brackets for installation, sold separately.
- Wood is a combustible material. Proper clearances from heat sources (fireplaces, stoves, etc.) must be strictly followed. Customer is responsible for ensuring safe installation and compliance with local building codes and/or manufacturer’s instructions for the customer’s specific fireplace, insert or stove.
- Old World Lumber is not responsible for faulty or inadequate installation.
- Every installation is unique depending on the framing, blocking, surface and stage of construction.
- Please note OWL’s delivery service does not include installation. We strongly recommend professional installation of the mantel in order to securely anchor the product to the wall, preventing risk of damage or serious injury.
Crafted in America by our own master craftsman. American and imported materials.
- Do not place hot items directly on surface and use coasters under beverages to prevent marks and stains
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth; avoid the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning materials