0012 - Natural Hand Hewn 43.75" Mantel
Bring your space to life with old world character. This mantel is sourced from a solid wood beam harvested and hand-shaped by pioneers in the late 1700s or early 1800s. These early craftsmen used saws and adzes to shape these logs into square timbers for use in homes, and now their legacy lives on in your space..
Our craftsmen have worked carefully to repurpose this material in a way that preserves its naturally weathered texture while still being well-suited to the modern home or office, revealing the original hewing marks and patina.
Click Where You Would Like To Place Cuts?
total Length 43.75"
Switch Mantel Side
Side 1 Side 2 Side 3 Side 4
Remove Cut Finished
Dimensions Details Quality Care
Length: 43.75" Inches In Width
Total Dimensions: 63" long , 10” x 10” wide
Weight: 196.875 pounds
*Note: Mortise Pockets and peg hole. (can be blocked for an additional fee of $100)
- Old World lumber provides two brackets for installation, sold separately.
- Wood is a combustible material. Proper clearances from heat sources (fireplaces, stoves, etc.) must be strictly followed. Customer is responsible for ensuring safe installation and compliance with local building codes and/or manufacturer’s instructions for the customer’s specific fireplace, insert or stove.
- Old World Lumber is not responsible for faulty or inadequate installation.
- Every installation is unique depending on the framing, blocking, surface and stage of construction.
- Please note OWL’s delivery service does not include installation. We strongly recommend professional installation of the mantel in order to securely anchor the product to the wall, preventing risk of damage or serious injury.
Crafted in America by our own master craftsman. American and imported materials.
- Do not place hot items directly on surface and use coasters under beverages to prevent marks and stains
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth; avoid the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning materials